Peace be upon you. We are honored very much Etkin Dogan to your agreement to make interview in Desigg.com. Etkin Dogan is from Turky . he has 23 years. he is really awesome artist about car Editing and Painting and he is a freelance artist for illustrator and concept artist.
We hope that the interview be useful to you.
-Introduce yourself /full name/age/country/work. My name is Etkin, Etkin Doğan as a full name. I’m 23 years old and living in Istanbul City from Turkey. I don’t have any job at my branch yet actually, but I’m working at a software development just for now. I don’t know what kind of worker am I in future yet but probably a designer.
-How do you get into the design world? Which program you learned First ? Good question. How did i got into the design world ? I was not suprised when i got into this. I’ve been trying to draw something like cars, machines or any other industrial stuff when I was child actually. I think that’s the how I started or it was made a big ideal in my mind to future. But it wasn’t the answer of this question you asked. I’m going on…
I’ve been getting prepared to skill exams when I was 19 or 20 i think. I was really getting bored at this time and tried to explore something new and I found a Virtual Tuning website while surfing on the net. Yeah I found, thats the what I was looking for! Then I got into the design world and started with photoshop software first, though i was used Paint Shop Pro and Corel but both of these softwares are couldn’t made success at car designs.
-What System you like to use ? I like using Windows platform since been I started use PC. I used MAC a few times before. Never touched up Linux, I can even say; ” What is Linux” either.
-What skills and technologies are you interested in learning? Visual things of course! I love all the graphical and visual stuff. It can be a PC game, portrait, drawing, 3D modeling and movies.
-Illustration that was your study field or taught it out of your study? It wasn’t in my scope until i explored this. Now, It’s became my biggest fun in my life. One more thing, I’m lovin’ coloring and illustrating more than design some stuff sometimes. It’s so enjoyable thing such as playing a video game.
-Which Programs and tools you using till now ? What’s tablet you use in painting? Why? I using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, 3D Studio Max (At beginner level) and my dear mouse and keyboard. I had drawing tablet before but it’s not working at the moment. I used Trust TB3100 A5 tablet, small thing but nice. I drop down it’s pencil a long time ago and it was break down then never didn’t work .
-“Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8” I guess it’s Fantastic Work . the idea of the position looks Awesome !! how did you inspired it ? and how long normally take you to finish cool draw like that one ? Actually there was no inspiration for me, I’m a quick-thinker about this design job who never thinks while making something. By the way thanks for the appreciation. Sometimes it takes 1 day, 1 week or maybe 1 hour, doesn’t matter. Depends my mood, it is so easy to finish if i got excited about for.
-What’s your opinion who use more than 2 software for one image ? Is it kill his creative or help? Not agree to this, it’s not according to how many software used on or which software does to give a point to a designer. I’m using just one sofware the Adobe’s Photoshop, very proper software to make this job. Ergonomic interface, nice tools to use that how you want. It’s not kill their creativity in my opinion.
– Anyone have a talent can be professional by learn graphics from tutorials sites only? What’s your advice for beginners in digital art? It’s very useful if you’re starter, let’s you learn the important points to make a modify on the car. And you can improve your skills by learning some methods on these. If you’re beginner, do not be hurry for making extremely designed cars. Neither concept cars. Learn it slowly guys, part by part.
– all your works are about cars !! is that’s your hobby or requests ? It’s my hobby and my life style. I’m lovin’ do this on cars. My art vision is only for them. Never did any request from someone or some company. I’m getting a lot but doesn’t interesting me because they want my skills by paying nothing.
– Is your creative dependence on your mood? Which times are you prefer to work (day/night)? Yeah it depends my mood usually. When i’m happy or feeling eager I can’t do at the moment. Need to feel sad or depressed to make great jobs. I’m serious! Then I’m gonna be so happy. That’s how i being happy in this life.
– Everyone have a purpose to achieve it by his work. What the purpose from your work? Do I say ”no purpose to do” then could you get confused ? I’m joking, trying to be one of the best car artists in the world. Not just for the cars, totally about artworks. Such as drawing, painting, designing or modeling.
– What things you do to turn off your mind away work? What are your hobbies? Walking, I love walking alone on the streets or sometimes i lie on the floor and listening to slow music. And thinking about world. I love playing PC games, technology, watching movies and CARSSS!!
– What’s your personal quote? The events and things that people makes sad is can’t make something however it is possible to do.
Best regards for you from Desigg teamwork To follow Etkin Dogan visit his site and his gallery DeviantArt