peace upon to you
We honored very much to your agreement to make interview in Desigg.com
Jimmie Josefsson from Sweden he have 38 years old and he is work in a school for children with special needs.
and also he is one of creative designers in fractal art, his works is amazing and he have a unique ideas in fractal art.
– How do you get into the design world? What’s first program you learned?
I came in contact with fractals in the middle of the 80’s. I had a Commodore Amiga 500.
First fractals were coded in Amiga Basic. With enormous rendertimes. I got my hand on another
fractal generator later which was a little faster. Then some years ago I picked up fractaling
again on my PC. First program I used was Chaoscope. A very limited program.
– Which systems do you use /mac/windows/Linux?
I use Windows 7.
– Many people don’t know what is the fractal art, can you tell us about this art and who is created?
It’s based on math. One of the biggest characteristics of fractals is repetitive patterns.
But to do this in a fractal generator you don’t need to know any of the math behind it.
– What’s apps you use in fractal art and explain the steps to do fractal art?
I mostly use Ultra Fractal. But sometimes also Apophysis, Sterlingware and Fractal Explorer.
Sometimes I do postwork in Photoshop.
– From your work we notice that your work is attractive. Where from you inspired your ideas? What are the sites you follow it daily?
I can get ideas and inspiration everywhere. Just walking in a store and seeing a texture, surface or an
object can do the trick. Then I need to go home and try to recreate it. I post most of my work on
DeviantArt. But I also have works on Redbubble and Renderosity.
– What do you decide that you become fractal artist? What’s your advice for beginners?
My biggest advice to beginners is patience. Learning a fractal program takes time. Even years.
Some people think that it’s just to push a button and out comes something beautiful. But it isn’t.
It’s good to learn all techniques. But it’s more to it than that. People tend to forget artistic sense.
Knowledge about colors, lightning and composition and so on. Knowing all the ingredients in paint doesn’t
make you a painter. But the more you work and learn about the fractal generator, the more it will feed
your imagination. So let things take time.
– Is your creative dependence on your mood? Which times are you prefer to work (day/night)?
I can work at any time. I’m not depending on any mood. It’s just a great way to relax.
– Everyone have a purpose to achieve it by his work. What the purpose from your work?
To have fun.
– What things you do to turn off your mind away work? What are your hobbies?
I play guitar in a metal band.
Fly with me
– Imagine that the world became one union country and offer to you to create a logo for country’s flag. What’s to be your idea?
I have no idea at all.
– What’s your personal quote?
‘Friends are those you can fart with!’
Finally, we thank you again Mr.Jimmie Josefsson and we hope all success in your work and life.
Best regards for you from desigg teamwork.
to follow Jimmie Josefsson visit his site and his gallery